Is FASTING the fountain of youth?
Posted On : October 13, 2017
This week I’ve been taking a group of people through a 4-Day water fast.
If you haven’t tried fasting, it’s an incredible experience. You learn so much about yourself and your relationship with food.
Earlier this week, I was giving a nutrition consultation with a patient and telling her about the power of fasting. Her response to me was “Why are YOU fasting?”
Here’s why I fast:
- It’s a great way to kill anything that is destroying the microbiome of my gut.Kills cancer cells.
- Gives me a surge of stem cells that will repair organs, skin, muscles, ligaments, and tendons.
- Increases the production of ketones that nourish my brain.
- Creates autophagy in my cells, which is the cells ability to detox itself.
- Massively lowers inflammation, improving the body’s ability to repair.
- Forces the liver to dump old stagnate glucose and hormones.
- Makes my cells more insulin sensitive.
- Having no calories burns approximately 1 pound of fat per day, making it the fastest weight loss method.
- Lowers stress levels, decreases blood pressure and rejuvenates the body.
- Increases immunity due to better cell resistance.
- Enables reduction in cancer cell proliferation.
- Slows down aging and cognitive decline.
- Lowers the risk of heart disease.
- Solves digestive problems such as gastritis, irritable bowels, constipation, diarrhea, gas, dyspepsia, and loss of appetite.
- Gives me the opportunity for emotional and spiritual introspection. People find they have better control over their thoughts and diet, after they are done with a 4-Day Water Fast.
- Of all the tools that I use with my patients, fasting accelerates healing the quickest.
If you haven’t fasted, I highly recommend that you start with intermittent fasting, 15 hours a day without food. Then move to 24 hour fasts. I call these my dinner to dinner fasts. Eat dinner one night, next day drink only water and then eat dinner that night.
Once you have mastered that, then try a 4-Day water fast.
Below is a FB Live I did on the science and benefits of fasting. If you want to know more, find my Resetter group on FB where I am coaching people to better health.
Cheers to a youthful day!